Alice Lowe 15 Aug 2023
Motivation 101: How to keep going
Stuck in an exercise rut or don’t know where to start when it comes to motivation? We’ve all been there. Here are our top tips to keep going.
- Set yourself a goal that has nothing to do with aesthetics. We know that weight loss or clothing size is often a huge factor in people’s reasons to workout, but the problem is that these kinds of goals don’t take into account the whole picture. Your health is not limited to a number on a scale or clothing size, so neither should your goals be. Instead, focus on a goal that is strength or skill related. For example, to be able to squat a certain weight, or to be able to learn a new skill or improve your mobility. Once you achieve these goals you’ll feel incredibly proud of yourself, and it will be easier to see your progress.
- Follow a training plan. Following a structured plan is a great way to keep you motivated. You’ll see progress as the plan adapts, and it’s a great way to keep you focussed on your end goal.
- Record your progress. Not only does this allow you to see how you’re progressing, but also helps you to look back and see how far you’ve come! The MAGIC mirror tracks your progress for you, making this even easier!
- Find something you enjoy. This is so important - fitness should be fun and it should make you feel good! If you’re doing something that is boring or feels like too much of a chore then you’ll never stick with it. At MAGIC we’ve got a variety of different classes, programmes and trainers so you have a load of different workout styles to choose from. Find what works for you and stick with it!
- Find the right trainer. Having someone who is going to motivate you and push you is so important. Here at MAGIC we’ve got an incredible coaching team made up of Olympians, sports stars and London’s best personal trainers, so whatever you need we’ve got someone for you.
Try MAGIC and start working toward your fitness goals today! Use code BLOG100 for an exclusive £100 off.